Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card or debit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card or debit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information, data, photos or any other consent you share whilst using the Mayfair Messenger service;
- information you provide to us through other means; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- sign up to our Website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
Mayfair Confidential evidently understands the need to uphold the notions of confidentiality and privacy of information. Mayfair Confidential, in association with its digital agency, is purposefully dedicated to protect personal information thought a vigorous regime of procedural and digital safeguards.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Website and Services of Mayfair Confidential including Mayfair Messenger;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website and Services of Mayfair Confidential, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information and content to a trusted third party such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Mayfair Confidential does not store any information on public or publicly assessable servers or databases. The directory is stored on AWS cloud servers located in a data centre in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Using our Website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our Website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
The Advertiser and User consents to their Personal Information being used by Mayfair Confidential in connection with, but not limited to, the Website, Services of Mayfair Confidential and/or for any other reasonable need.
Electronic Services and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
Mayfair Confidential delivery of information and services is either controlled by Mayfair Confidential or a Related Entity through an array of online and digital services including websites, email, applications, social media and online advertisements. Mayfair Confidential also utilises target marketing in delivering a personal touch to each of the services it provides. The systems of Mayfair Confidential also records a range of information relating to interactions of our Website(s) such as device identifiers, data location, user activity, dates, time, file metadata, clicked links, other websites, website referrals and other relevant data.
The services we may utilise include, but are not limited to, Google Analytics, Google Display Network, Google, Bing and Microsoft. Please contact Mayfair Confidential should you wish to know more information or opt-out from such services. Many of these services operate without collecting or using personal information.
Mayfair Confidential is obligated to comply with the principles of Australian Privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in addition to other statutes, rulings and codes. By entering the Website or website(s) of Mayfair Confidential, you agree and consent to Mayfair Confidential collecting, using and disclosing your personal information.
The information collected by Mayfair Confidential is appropriate for the purpose of identification, preventive measures against fraud, protection against fraud, providing you with services of Mayfair Confidential, and the handling and governing the services of Mayfair Confidential.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees, Related Entity and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Websites such as AWS and/or our business or in connection with providing Services of Mayfair Confidential to you);
- payment systems operators (e.g. PayPal or merchants receiving card payments);
- financial institutions, for example, to assist with an investigation of fraudulently activity or facilitate the identification of a suspicious transaction;
- other persons, including Australian government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using Mayfair Messenger
We will store your name and email as part of you using this service. We will store other data provided by you such as photos and content. You understand that some of the data provided by you may become available to public. We may use Google analytics that may analyse your anonymised application usage behaviour.
We may hold your personal information and consent in either electronic or hard copy form which is also includes content shared on Mayfair Messenger. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can Contact Us. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we may provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
To the extent permitted by law and practicality, Mayfair Confidential will provide you with the choice to interact with Mayfair Confidential and use the Services of Mayfair Confidential without identifying yourself.
For additional information about the privacy policies or procedures then please contact Mayfair Confidential by email.
Last updated: December 2019
The Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act) gives copyright owners exclusive rights in relation to their property. These exclusive rights held by copyright owners include the right to reproduce, communicate and publish.
All content and material published by Mayfair Confidential (a business name of Mayfair Consulting Pty Ltd ACN 614 075 893) (‘Mayfair Confidential’) and this Website, including any associated websites, subsists in Mayfair Confidential and is subject to copyright. All information published on this Website is to be strictly viewed for personal use only. Subject to prior written consent, Mayfair Confidential prohibits any copy, reformed, uploaded, distributed, linked or reproduced information whether it be for personal or commercial purposes. Any breach of the above copyright obligations will infringe the intellectual property rights of Mayfair Confidential which may lead to prosecution.